Please email the answers to these questions to email@example.com
1. Why do you want to work on our farm? Do you have any farming experience? What are your long-term farming or gardening goals and how have they evolved?
2. Are you willing to work long hours on repetitive tasks? Can you follow direction, work with limited supervision, and make deadlines? What about harvesting in the smoke in a mask? Or when its 100F?(intern safety is always paramount and we modify schedules during extreme heat events and when appropriate)
4. While the ranch is very close to both Willits and Ukiah by car, it is inaccessible by biking or walking. Do you have a car? If not, how would you deal with a limited ability to get around?
5. Do you have experience living in a communal setting with shared bathrooms and kitchens? Cooking (outside of 3 community dinners per week) will be your responsibility, and some cleaning of the shared spaces will be required of you. How would you feel about such living arrangements? Are you a good cook? Are you comfortable cooking for yourself? How about for 30 people?!
6. How is your health? Do you have any physical restrictions, allergies, or medical problems that would affect or interfere with rigorous work?
7. We agree to not use any hard drugs, and to only use alcohol or cannabis with conscious discretion and humble respect for everyone who lives and works around us - do you have any concern about how this would be for you?
8. Have you ever left a project prior to completion or been dismissed from employment? If so, explain.
9.We strive to maintain an open, honest, inclusive community. Do you have any ideological views that might conflict with our farm operation or life in our community as it is described?
10.Are you familiar with the concepts of biodynamic agriculture or open to learning and practicing those concepts?
11.What are your recreational interests and hobbies? Music? Movies? Sports?
12. In our efforts to constantly evolve and grow together, we strive to be open to receiving constructive, respectful criticism. Understanding that this is an apprenticeship opportunity and that you are coming to learn, can you accept direction without thinking of it as criticism?
13. Do you have any pets that you would need to bring with you? Pets need special approval.
14. What is your favorite vegetable or thing to grow?